Thoughts in Solitude - Thomas Merton

“My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.” † † †
THOMAS MERTON
-Thoughts in Solitude
© Abbey of Gethsemani
"Your way of acting should be different from the world's way"...Rule of St. Benedict.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Good Work!

Liturgy Class Notes for 3-8-08 - these are GREAT!


Set up Google Documents for Class Notes

Body and Movement- take focus off yourself- Try to not be too noticable, try to blend in at all cost, do it well and try not to draw attention to yourself.

Evaluate how you use your bodies.

Hands

Stance

Eyes

Books

Things you will be handling

Think it through -- TIT - think ahead, be aware of what is happening in service, don't get caught off guard with different parts of the Liturgy.

Voice - main instruments -

Eyes- make eye contact with congregation - do not focus too much on book - engage with person/people

Give people the opportunity to respond by keeping focused on people

If you do not make eye contact -expect to be punished during class - people think you do not value them or their opinion

Opportunity to change lives by making good contact - take interest in person you are talking with -

Posture - Keep hand away from face - keep eyes open aware of what is going on around you.

Stand erect (who chose this word?) - happy, excited and proud about what you are doing

Hands - when leading prayer - orans position - extend hands - get in position and stay there - if you make a mistake just stay with it, don't try to change mid-prayer.

Communion Service - place book directly in front of you. Gifts in front of book -

Clean lines with hands and arms


Next class - focus on Form C of Penitential Rite - come up with similarities, preconceived notions, be ready to do form C - correctly - write your own form C - "Other invocations" (check internet)


No comments: